I have declared in my puppet server my class "lab" , this class create one
archive in the agent but when i sync from agent throws error:

info: Applying configuration version '1354468151'
*err: /Stage[main]/Lab/File[/root/date.txt]: Could not evaluate: Could not
retrieve information from source(s) puppet:///modules/lab/files/date.txt at
/etc/puppet/modules/lab/manifests/init.pp:10*

My structure in puppet master is:

/etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp
/etc/puppet/modules/lab/manifests/init.pp
/etc/puppet/modules/lab/files/date.txt

My init.pp is:

class lab {

file { "/root/date.txt":
           ensure => file,
            mode => 640,
            owner => root,
            group => root,
            source => "puppet:///modules/lab/files/date.txt",

My site.pp

node 'lab1.example.com' {
include lab