On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:47:32 AM UTC-6, R.I. Pienaar wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2012, at 16:43, jcbollinger <john.bo...@stjude.org <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> Certainly the default osfamily support wouldn't be directly harmful to
> users, inasmuch as they can easily ignore or override it, but I
> nevertheless urge you to keep it simple.
>

> Do you have an alternative default hierarchy you'd prefer?

As Stefan said, just "common" would be fine, or some similar single,
fixed-name file.

The backlog of open tickets attests to the fact that PL doesn't really have
> enough engineering capacity as it is.
>

> Not sure what the relevance is here..

I probably shouldn't even have brought it up.  My apologies.  My point,
however, was that new features are not free, even after they are written --
every line of code in Puppet has an ongoing maintenance cost.

John