On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an amazon ec2 instance where i have installed puppet from
> http://info.puppetlabs.com/download-pe.html. Installation is successful
> without any issue as per
> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/2.7/install_basic.html. After successful
> installation, i can see following information on putty console.
>

> STEP 5: DONE
>>
>> Thanks for installing Puppet Enterprise!
>>    Puppet Enterprise has been installed to "/opt/puppet," and its
>> configuration files are located in "/etc/puppetlabs".
>> ## Answers from this session saved to
>> './answers.lastrun.ip-10-224-122-211.ec2.internal'
>> ## In addition, auto-generated database users and passwords, including
>> the ROOT MySQL password, have been saved to
>> "/etc/puppetlabs/installer/database_info.install"
>>    !!! WARNING: Do not discard these files! All auto-generated database
>> users and passwords, including the ROOT Mysql password, have been saved in
>> them.
>>
>> =====================================================================================================================================================================================================
>>
>> The console can be reached at the following URI:
>>  *  https://ip-10-224-122-211.ec2.internal:443
>>
>>   If you have a firewall running, please ensure the following TCP ports
>> are open: 8140, 61613, 443
>>    NOTICE: This system has 3.67 GB of memory, which is below the 4 GB we
>> recommend for the puppet master role. Although this node will be a fully
>> functional puppet master, you may experience
>>    poor performance with large numbers of nodes. You can improve the
>> puppet master's performance by increasing its memory.
>>

>> =====================================================================================================================================================================================================
>>

> When am trying to access https://ip-10-224-122-211.ec2.internal:443 i am
> not able to access it & getting errors like
>
> Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
> ip-10-224-122-211.ec2.internal.
>
> I have provided full qualified hostname as defined by my ec2 instance. Can
> anybody help me why it is not able to start?

The name of the host is only an internal one to Amazon. Your external
hostname is not known (and so the installer told you the known one). You
should be able to substitute the hostname/ip that you used to SSH into the
box for "ip-10-224-122-211.ec2.internal" and see your console. And of
course make sure you have the ports open in your security group.

HTH,
Justin

PS. there's a pe-users mailing list for PE specific questions that you may
want to post on in the future.