Hello All,

I have written a manifest which will upgrade the JAVA to a recent version
(ex: JDK 6u33 to JDK7) using exec type. The installation is nothing but
untarring the tar.gz file into a predefined folder and setting the
JAVA_HOME and PATH variables in the user's bash_profile file.

1. Now I have to upgrade around 30 servers. Is there anyway that I can
apply these manifests into the nodes from puppet master itself?
   Many of the examples that I found says that we have to login to the node
and execute the command puppet agent update command. But doing this in all
the managed nodes is tedious.
   Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

2. The bash_profile contains other text in them. How can we append these
new variables (JAVA_HOME) into the existing file without changing the other
parts of the file?

Reg,
Siva