Hi list,

I've writed this module to deploy the public key of our debian repository :

file
> {
>     "/etc/apt/repos-public.key":
>         ensure  => present,
>         mode => 440,
>         owner => root,
>         group => root,
>         source => "puppet://puppet/apt/repos-public.key",
>         notify => Exec[install-key];
> }
> exec
> {
>     "install-key":
>         command => "/usr/bin/apt-key add /etc/apt/repos-public.key &&
> /usr/bin/apt-get update",
>         unless => "/usr/bin/apt-key list | /bin/grep 'Private Repos'",
> }

So, it works fine, the key is correctly installed on all the nodes, but,
randomly, during the compilation, the command isn't executed and lock the
system during the timeout period (300s). It appear on all puppet
compilation of the node, and the only way to resolve it is to reboot. This
issue affect the nodes randomly, with an average of 1/month.

I've launch a manual compilation on a node actually impacted, with debug
option, and I only have this error :

debug: /Stage[main]/Apt/Exec[install-key]: Executing check
> '/usr/bin/apt-key list | /bin/grep 'Private Repos''
> debug: Executing '/usr/bin/apt-key list | /bin/grep 'Private Repos''
> err: /Stage[main]/Apt/Exec[install-key]/unless: Check "/usr/bin/apt-key
> list | /bin/grep 'Private Repos'" exceeded timeout

If I try to exec the apt-key list command, it will works correctly :

[toad2]~ # time /usr/bin/apt-key list | /bin/grep 'Private Repos'
> uid                  Private Repos (priv) <support@tld>
>
> real 0.023      user 0.000      sys 0.000       pcpu 0.00

I don't see any error in the system log files.
Have you any idea about this issue ?

For information, puppetmaster and the clients runs on Debian Squeeze.
Puppet version is 2.6.2 .

Thanks a lot !
Anthony