Hello All,

I'm never really sure whether to email the maintainers for modules or
the list so I figure posting to the list is a good place to start;-)

So I've started testing out the puppetlabs-mysql module today and I
like what I'm seeing but have a few questions/critiques/concerns
regarding the types/providers. I'm finding the names, database,
database_user, and database_grant rather generic. Unless there are
plans to merge mysql, postgresql, etc, into a single "database" module
shouldn't they be a bit more specific like mysql_db, mysql_user, and
mysql_grant?

Also, what about supplying my.cnf instead of creating from a template
which is the default action? I see you can use mysql::server::config,
which I haven't tried yet, to add additional params but I'm thinking
that could lead to a rather large/unwieldy manifest given the vast
number of options available.

Nice work and I hope to see my pull request for SuSE support accepted soon;-)

--
Later,
Darin