I hope this is just not my Google-fu lacking, but can you configure Puppet modules to make REST API calls inherently with Puppet? I'm talking about 3rd party REST APIs, not Puppet's API. I'm thinking of rolling my own plugin, but wondered if I'm missing something here.

Can you provide a bit more information on what you're trying to do? If are you are trying to look up a value from a REST API call you could use Hiera with the http backend. Or are you trying to get Puppet to post data to a REST API when it runs? And if so do you want this to happen on the agent when the resource gets applied, or on the server during catalog compilation in the form of a function? Whether or not you are doing anything with the data returned from your call will make a difference here.

Craig

--
Craig Dunn
Professional Services