On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:33:36 PM UTC+1, jcbollinger wrote:

> You may also want to consider whether you want to establish relationships
> with the config class, or whether it would be as good or better to
> establish them with particular resources declared by that class (e.g.
> File['/etc/puppet/puppet.conf']).  There are a few other variations and
> options as well, and you are more constrained if class 'puppet::config' is
> parametrized, but maybe this will get you looking in the right direction.

We make a habit of only depending on individual resources (File etc.)
within a single class. Dependencies outside the class (e.g. in another
manifest) are on classes only. Not sure if others agree, but we made this
choice so we could move resources around within a class, clean up code,
change File { "path": to File { "name": etc.

Best,

Hans van der Made
Utrecht University
NL