I've broken my splunk module in splunk::client for the forwarder and
splunk::server for the server. Both inherit splunk which realizes the
user and group, i don't let the splunk packages create them cuz
they're created as non-system accounts which collide with ldap
accounts, and creates the init script, again modified since I don't
like the supplied one. The client also creates the
deploymentclient.conf so we can push what to monitor from the splunk
server.

No need to add forward-server or any of that other stuff.

--
Later,
Darin