Hi list,

I ran again against a long standing bug / feature request but from a new
angle: creating directories with parents  (
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/86).

I wanted to create a module, where a path could be supplied with a class
parameter. The path would be used in a rsync configuration, so I would like
to be sure the path exists. As I want the module to be general and
completely separate code and data, I didn't want to configure a "base path"
in which all rsync modules would need to live. But there is AFAIK no "mkdir
-p" alternative in puppet, unless I'd go with an ugly exec.

Any ideas houw to realise this? I probably could define my path in hiera as
an hash and as such define all parent folders, but this is not that elegant.

Peter