Perhaps you want to use 'puppet node deactivate' for now:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.1/maintain_and_tune.html#deactivate-decommissioned-nodes

This will at least remove it from being collected immediately, but it
leaves it in the database.

So beyond that we are working on an automated clean mechanism in
PuppetDB: https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/18682#change-82618
... which as you can see is in code review right now. If all goes well
this should be in a release coming to your cinemas soon ... :-).

ken.