I've been running a puppet server for about 18 months, a few months ago I
read up on stored configurations and turned them on to share host entries
to all my machines.  But I'm seeing continuous DB collisions (machine 2
fails to run puppet agent because machine 1 already has the sqlite DB
locked).  I would like to start using PostgreSQL on the theory that this
will allow me to avoid this behavior.

1. do I need to migrate the data from the sqlite3 DB, to the PostgreSQL DB?

2. is there any benefit in migrating the data?

3. how would I go about migrating the data if I decide there is benefit?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ron