With Puppet 2.7.20, it seems that when I write

    file { '/tmp/bla':
        owner => ['root', 'jared']
    }

then if the owner of /tmp/bla is either root or jared, nothing happens,
and if not, the owner is changed to root. More generically speaking, my
reading of the code suggests that if the owner of the file is in the
given list (the 'should' value), the owner property of the file is
insync, and if owner is not insync, the file is chowned to should[0].
And likewise with the group property. But I couldn't find anything in
the documentation that says I can provide multiple values for these
properties, and what I should expect to happen.

This behavior when I provide multiple values for owner is just what I
want! But I don't want to depend on it if it might go away. Does anyone
else use the owner and group properties this way? Is there documentation
for this behavior that I've missed?

 -- Jared Jennings, RHCE, Network Admin, SURVICE Engineering Co.