On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Jo Rhett <jrh...@netconsonance.com> wrote:
> From the snippet you posted, I don't see why you can't pass $var1 into the
> define. No magic, just straightforward variable passing, right?

Sure thing. The trouble is that as I said -- there's *quite* a rich state
that these classes create. So it is not a single var we're talking about
but a dozen or so.

Now, one could argue that it makes things more explicit if I actually
have to tediously pass them explicitly. Personally, I fear it may increase
the chance of typos.

As I said -- what I'm asking here is literally a #define as it is known in C.
There's a bunch of code that I need to be 'pasted' in a couple of different
places and I'm wondering whether there's a language construct that
could help me.

And when I say 'pasted' -- I do mean it. 'Pasted' as in 'dumb preprocessor
pasted kind of way' ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.