On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Евгений Верещагин
<e.verescha...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Puppet 3.1 is released, but problem not fixed. Puppet 3.0 and 2.x don't
> test manifest for non-ASCII and write uncorrect characters to system (like
> file names, folders, files and other) . But now Puppet 3.1 test manifest
> and
> stop.<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-aRLPbc_OYbA/UQY4w9ivc6I/AAAAAAAAACU/nqH8b5IRbgI/s1600/puppet%2B3.1b2.png>
>
>  --

I think you are running into https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17010.
The win32-dir gem we are using to return the COMMON_APPDATA directory
returns a ruby string in UTF-16LE, which for some reason File.join does not
allow. It assumes it is always passed UTF-8 strings, or at least ASCII
compatible. To confirm this is the problem, try

  require 'win32-dir'
  File.join(Dir::COMMON_APPDATA, 'b')

If you're on ruby 1.9, you could patch lib/puppet/util/run_mode.rb, line
78, to read:

   [Dir::COMMON_APPDATA.encode('UTF-8'), "PuppetLabs", "puppet"] + extra

Josh

--
Josh Cooper
Developer, Puppet Labs