On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:02:22 PM UTC-6, Michael Hüttermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in case you want to manage a node with multiple masters (that may manage
> different aspects of that system): is it possible to run multiple puppet
> agent daemons on one node (listening to different masters) or to configure
> one agent daemon to listen to multiple masters?

It should be possible -- with some work -- to arrange for multiple agents
to run independently on the same node.  It might help to hack the agent a
little, but I can think of at least one way to do it without changes to
Puppet.  In such a configuration, the different agents could be made to
talk to different masters.

Pete has it right, however: this is a terrible idea.  Your are asking for
pain and grief, wailing, gnashing of teeth, burning sulfur, etc..

John