The modules are fine because this is just a intermittent problem.  Most of
the times the puppet runs are fine even when things are being changed on
the nodes.  If it was a problem with the modules then I would expect it to
consistently fail.  Let me know if that assumption is not correct.  I am in
the process of enabling apache/mod_passenger with puppet and hopefully that
will help.

Thanks.