I've had this blog post [1] bookmarked for a while to pull the remaining node
specific config I have out of my site.pp, but wasn't sure if there was a better
method at this point.

I've been using hiera_include for a while for classes, but it appears
functionality is something that may go away based on this feature [2] and the
fact that it is still undocumented [3].  The bug report points out include now
takes an array [4] (yeah!), but to get the correct array built from hiera
(multiple levels) I have to use hiera_array which is also still undocumented
[5].

What is the current recommended way of including classes to be included in your
hiera data and is there a recommended method for including resources?
Obviously I can implement the stuff Robin and Hunter did if I'm not
implementing something that's going to go away shortly because it is a terrible
idea.

Thanks,
jl

[1] http://yo61.com/assigning-resources-to-nodes-with-hiera-in-puppet.html