I am fairly new to Puppet, and am taking a script initially working with a
Vagrant setup and trying to run it standalone. I am simply declaring the
class for the module mysql in the script:

class { 'mysql': }

and when I try to run 'puppet apply' I get:

Puppet::Parser::AST::Resource failed with error ArgumentError: Could not find
declared class mysql at /etc/puppet/manifests/default.pp:33 on node

Using strace I found:

lstat("/etc/puppet/mysql.rb", 0x7fffa1b7bb10) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

So it seems that my paths in puppet.conf are incorrect, but I am not sure
what I am doing wrong.

puppet.conf:

[main]
logdir=/etc/log/puppet
vardir=/etc/lib/puppet
ssldir=/etc/lib/puppet/ssl
rundir=/etc/run/puppet
factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
templatedir=/etc/puppet/templates
prerun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-pre
postrun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-post

[master]
# These are needed when the puppetmaster is run by passenger
# and can safely be removed if webrick is used.
manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/default.pp
modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules
ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY

Any help is appreciated.