Figured it out - by removing the line 'daemonize <%= daemonize %>' from the
template, the template works as expected. Looks like the variable whose
name is deamonize ( <%= daemonize %>)  for some reason does not play nice
in a template. Can someone shed some light on reserved variables in
templates

~Francis