On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 03:37 -0700, Jithin Xavier wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to create two two MySQL database with same user credential using
> Puppet-MySQL. How can I achieve this? Please find my script below.
>
> class mysql::vsdatabase {
>  include mysql
>  mysql::db { 'vidispine':
>  user => 'user',
>  password => 'user123',
>  host => 'db.<hostname>.com',
> }
> }
>
> How can I add another database here with same credential.(If I create
> different Class with different database and same credential I am getting
> below error.

The current git version of the mysql module has a fix for this error:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-mysql/commit/1d6ca771d480e756cfdc5f84d73ef2d49f08ba38
but it has not yet been released. In the mean time, you can separately
use the underlying resources: (The mysql::db type is just a
convenience), just add additional 'database' and 'database_grant'
resources as needed:

database { 'vidispine':
        ensure => 'present',
        charset => 'utf-8',
        provider => 'mysql',
        require => Class['mysql::server'],
}

database_user { 'u...@example.com':
        ensure => 'present',
        password_hash => mysql_password('user123'),
        provider => 'mysql',
        require => Database['vidispine'],
}

database_grant { 'u...@example.com/vidispine':