I'm just trying to run up the same environment so I can try to
replicate it, as yet I can't replicate it on the newer environment.

What does your puppet.conf look like on the host you are trying to run
puppet master --compile btw? I presume you are trying to run the
command as root, is there a ~/.puppet directory for that user at all?

ken.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mohit Chawla
<mohit.chawla.bin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ken,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Ken Barber <k...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
>> So I have some questions, as the error could mean a number of things:
>>
>> What version of PuppetDB are you running? And what exact version of
>> Java is it using?
>
> puppetdb version is puppetdb-1.0.4-1.el6.noarch.
>
> $ java -version
>     java version "1.6.0_24"
>    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.5)
> (rhel-1.50.1.11.5.el6_3-x86_64)
>    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)
>

>> Can you take a look at puppetdb.log and tell me if you see any
>> meaningful error messages?
>
> I took a look, no error messages, only info messages.
>>
>> Without trying to compile a catalog in this manner - are you getting
>> any trouble with replace facts/replace catalogs generally? ie. Just
>> trying to running puppet agent -t for example?
>
> Nope, those runs are working fine.
>

>> Have you tried re-initialisation your SSL setup with
>> puppetdb-ssl-setup at all yet?
>
> Yes, and confirmed the validity of certificates and their fingerprints
> in the truststore and master ca.
>

>> Does the hostname you have specified in /etc/puppet/puppetdb.conf to
>> talk to your puppetdb server match the SSL certificate assigned to the
>> puppetdb host itself?
>
> Yes.
>

>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Mohit Chawla
>> <mohit.chawla.bin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Forgot mentioning the env details:
>>>
>>> [user@puppetmaster ~]# rpm -qa | grep puppet
>>> puppetlabs-release-6-6.noarch
>>> puppetdb-terminus-1.0.4-1.el6.noarch
>>> mcollective-puppet-agent-1.4.1-1.noarch
>>> puppet-2.7.20-1.el6.noarch
>>> hiera-puppet-1.0.0-1.el6.noarch
>>> puppet-server-2.7.20-1.el6.noarch