Yeah, sounds like a bug Michael or at least something we can improve
upon - DNS is case insensitive: https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4343.txt
- but to make things more complex you can override what the node name
is in Puppet (ie. node_name_fact and node_name_value), so I can only
imagine the fun debates on such an issue :-).

Raise a bug though, and we'll ponder the problem:

https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppetdb/issues/new

ken.