Hi,

there are agent options in puppet.conf that control how often the agent
runs etc.

Check whether the agent puts any messages into your syslog.

Find the agent process in the system's list of running processes.

You could try and run the agent in debug mode to see if anything goes
wrong. Stop the service, then run
puppet agent --no-daemonize --verbose --debug

HTH,
Felix