I did an autoscaling pilot some months ago and I needed something similar
to this. For the pilot to work (far from the best solution), I was
triggering a puppet run on the server (DAS in your case) from the new
launched autoscaling instance, using mco as you noted if you have mco
working in your instance, or via ssh in my case.

This was just a pilot and I don't need to say the security issues of having
mco client enabled on every instance or ssh private keys.