I'm getting errors when following this webpage to setup a second
puppetmaster (pm2) while using pm1 as the CA:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/scaling_multiple_masters.html#centralize-the-certificate-authority

and I'm using option 1: Direct agent nodes to the CA Master
As far as I can tell, if I set ca_server to pm1 but change server to pm2,
everything should work.
    ca_server = pm1.blah.com
    server      = pm2.blah.com

However when I do that I get the following error:
Warning: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate
B: certificate verify failed: [self signed certificate in certificate chain
for /CN=Puppet CA: pm2.blah.com]

I should add that pm2 works properly on it's own if I register my agent
with pm2.  Also, pm2's SSL certificate was setup independently of pm1.

So what bit of configuration am I missing? Are my PMs supposed to have the
same SSL keys?

puppet 3.0.1
node command:   puppet agent -t