Larry Fast <lfast1...@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a standard puppet pattern for removing older versions of jars
> without explicitly naming each version?

A couple of solutions in addition to the proposed ones:

- Use your package manager. Build a package containing your jar file and
  upload it to a local repo; your resource then becomes:
    package { 'my_jar': version => '2.4.6', }

- Write a custom fact listing the files you will want to remove. This is
  probably the most portable solution but it can prove a bit tricky to
  get it right (actually this is a variant of the solution involving an
  exec resource).