Hello,

On Monday, April 29, 2013 2:52:42 PM UTC+2, Stan wrote:

> Hello
>
> I use augeas to replace a value in a config file:
>
> example (this example is good) :
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config file
>
> LogLevel INFO
>

> class ssh::redhat {
> augeas { "sshd_config":
>   context => "/files/etc/ssh/sshd_config",
>   changes => [
>     "set LogLevel VERBOSE",
>   ],
>   notify => Service["sshd"],
> }
>
> This configuration is good

As a note, I would recommend using the `sshd_config` type from
http://augeasproviders.com/documentation/examples.html#sshd_config_provider
instead,
as it manages more edge cases (and still uses Augeas in the background).

> but how do when the file is written like this:
>
> parameter = value (with =)
>

> /etc/webmin/config file
>
> lang = us
>

> class webmin::redhat {
> augeas { "config":
>   context => "/files/etc/webmin/config",
>   changes => [
>     "set "lang =" fr]",
>   ],
>         }
> }

this configuration is not good, did you have an idea?
> regards

The sshd_config example worked because /etc/ssh/sshd_config is a file known
to Augeas, as it is listed in the sshd.aug module. /etc/webmin/config
however, is not known to Augeas.

You might want to try the Webmin lens on it:

    augeas { 'webmin config':
      lens => 'Webmin.lns',
      incl => '/etc/webmin/config',
      changes => [ 'set lang fr' ],
    }

If that doesn't work, you can try the Simplevars.lns lens instead.

Regards,

Raphaƫl