Hi Wolf,

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Wolf Noble <w...@wolfspyre.com> wrote:

> I suspect what's going on here, is the class you're testing doesn't have
> the ability to override the $::settings::vardir variable.
> I've found that if I make the relevant variable a parameter to the class
> in question, I can override it in the tests in question.

It does, but it doesn't make sense. It's for a puppet module (
https://github.com/spiette/puppet-puppet/blob/master/manifests/master/certificate.pp).
I want to change the exec {link-ca-crl: } for a file. I need the
$::settings as I would need a fact. I can add the parameter, but it would
be there for testing purpose only. I'll fill a bug at rspec-puppet.

> It may be possible to set a different class's parameter to a value from a
> test, but I've not found a way.

I don't like the idea of changing a manifest to get around a limitation of
the testing framework.

Thanks for your feedback,

Simon