I've heard of some, who use mcollective to order a test-run on all nodes,
against an environment - with --noop - and then they watch puppet-dashboard
for nodes that had changes (which ofcourse weren't actually done - because
of --noop).

I was thinking of doing exactly that - and then exploiting the feature of
puppet-dashboard's environments - so a test of --environment klavs - would
make the reports get imported into the klavs environment in
puppet-dashboard as well - effectively giving each puppet dev their own
dashboard - in which they can see results of ordered tests (run on ALL
actual production hosts) - and see if something would have changed - that
shouldn't etc.

Where I'd go from there, depends on the experience we gather from that :)