I suppose your concerns are about the check-outs of the svn repo on the
puppet root direcctory, not about permissions and ownership inside the
repo. Once you do svn co command as your user (not recommended), the new
files will be created having being owned by you. It might fail if you user
does not have permission tho create or modify these files inside the puppet
tree source file. The best thing to do is run the svn co command as user
puppet but you'll need to set its password or a sudo set of commands.