Has anyone run into an issue with zfsonlinux >= 0.6.1 failing to work with
the Facter zpool_version fact?  I get the following error "Could not
retrieve zfs_version: undefined method `captures' for nil:NilClass" which a
bug report [1] indicates was fixed.  I'm curious if it's a real issue.  I
have a code change to contribute that has a seperate means of checking
zpool_version using "confine :kernel => "Linux"".  Should this be a new bug
or attached to the other recent bug [1] ?

Ran into with puppet-3.1.1 and facter-1.7.0

I believe the underlying problem is that the "zpool upgrade -v" in
zfsonlinux does not output the version number anymore.  Using a basic
"dmesg | grep 'ZFS:'" with the same "captures" line seems to work.  I
uploaded my module [2] with the proposed facter fact addition if someone
would like to confirm this.  I have only confirmed in vagrant tests,
haven't pushed to my Puppet master yet, but I saw the symptoms on my live
systems.

Thanks
- Trey

[1] - http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17794