>From all the reading I have done, I have come to the conclusion that
'transaction' support is not offered in Puppet, in any of the predefined
language constructs (Specifically speaking of package).  Our client has a
request that if one package declaration fails, all other package
declarations that were successful be rolled back, and the catalog run
immediately stop afterwards.

>From what I can tell, the best approach to this is to run the puppet agent
with '--noop' prior to the actual run and check the return code.  If it is
higher than 2, we have a potential issue.  Does this sound correct?

Or is there some puppet magic recipe I am missing?

Thanks!
Birch