On 2013-05-07 19:08, Jerald Sheets wrote:
Yeah... god forbid you actually need to stay up to date with Ruby...

Use the system ruby only for system applications. Use system applications only with the system ruby. For everything else, use rbenv or rvm. On Debian you might get away with co-installing 1.8 and 1.9 as the package maintainers valiantly fought against ruby's inherent disregard for anything approaching sane packaging, api or abi management or compatibility. Yes, I'm bitter.

Regards, David