On 11 May 2013 06:43, David Schmitt <da...@dasz.at> wrote:

> On 10.05.2013 17:08, Nikola Petrov wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> The vim plugin is the best you can find if you are already proficient
>> in vim somewhat. I use it in conjuction with
>> https://github.com/SirVer/**ultisnips<https://github.com/SirVer/ultisnips>and
>>  it can't be better. I found the
>> eclipse too heavy for my needs(although I use it for java development
>> where it shines)
>>

> Please satisfy my curiosity: how many puppet modules and/or .pp files do
> you currently have?

I currently have at least 40 modules in my setup.
Closer to 50 if you count the few I am still finishing off or converting.
A lot of those I wrote by hand with vim.

I have no idea how many .pp files that involves. Probably 50 X 5-7 so
probably over 300 .pp files
More if you count the few nodes definitions that aren't in my ENC.

I installed geppetto and made a start at trying to work out how to get it
setup to replace my vim config but I gave up and just went back to using
vim.
It also eats a bunch of ram so it didn't seem worth it just to use for
writing something I can do for very little memory footprint with vim.