On 5/8/13 10:43 AM, "Klavs Klavsen" <kl...@enableit.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have 51 clients in puppet-dashboard ­ and when I tell it to delete a
>node ­ it simply hangs forever. If I try to just open / on the
>puppet-dashboard website ­ I get a proxy timeout (I have apache in front).
>
>I end up having to kill webrick and start it again ­ with the node NOT
>being deleted :(
>
>I have commented on an issue here - which seems to be about the same:
>http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/20147#change-90580
>
>Anyone have had this problem, and perhaps found a solution? or did you go
>in and fired off some sql to delete the node (and which sql) ?

I've been noticing this too. I use the web interface to delete a node and
a ruby process spikes up to 100% CPU for quite a long time. Eventually,
sometimes approaching 60 minutes, the job finishes and the node is
deleted. I've found a more reliable way to delete nodes is to use the the
rake job: "rake RAILS_ENV=production node:del name=${FQDN_OF_NODE}". This
still takes freaking forever, but doesn't seem to time out.

It looks like a fix may be coming eventually based on this request:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-dashboard/pull/226

S.