On Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:09:51 PM UTC-5, Nam Nguyen wrote:

> Hey guys,
> after upgrading Puppet to version 3.2.1 I got lots of warning like this:
>
> Warning: Variable access via 'logroot' is deprecated. Use '@logroot'
> instead.
> template[/etc/puppet/modules/apache/templates/vhost-default.conf.erb]:24
>
> I used puppet many modules which don't use @ or $ in front of reference
> variables, so I will be a pain to fix them all.
> Is there any way I can suppress (hide | disable) these warnings?

I don't know about suppressing the warnings, but unless you intend to stop
at Puppet 3.2, you really ought to fix them.  Deprecation is a prelude to
feature removal, so you can expect that your templates will no longer work
with some future version of Puppet.  You can put off changes until then if
you want, but I'd recommend that you do the work now.  That will help you
avoid making more future work for yourself, by causing new uses of the
deprecated style to stand out.

John