Item 175:runinterval

How often puppet agent applies the client configuration; in seconds. Note
that a runinterval of 0 means “run continuously” rather than “never run.”
If you want puppet agent to never run, you should start it with the
--no-client option. Can be specified as a duration.

   - *Default*: 30m

So, do I put 15m? 900?  900s?  There is nothing there that says anything
you just said.

None of what you said is in the runinterval documentation.  This is the
first I've ever seen it.  You need to update your docs.

And don't tell me to go over to forge, that's a lazy, inexcusable response.
 You can do better.  I don't mind hacking but really when there is no where
else to find this information you have a responsibility to document in a
clear, unambiguous form.

Thanks,

Tim

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Eric Sorenson <
eric.soren...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:

> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/configuration.html
>
> Top of the page, just under the headers:
>
> Settings that represent time intervals should be specified in duration
> format: an integer immediately followed by one of the units ‘y’ (years of
> 365 days), ‘d’ (days), ‘h’ (hours), ‘m’ (minutes), or ‘s’ (seconds). The
> unit cannot be combined with other units, and defaults to seconds when
> omitted. Examples are ‘3600’ which is equivalent to ‘1h’ (one hour), and
> ‘1825d’ which is equivalent to ‘5y’ (5 years).
>

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:07:34 AM UTC-7, Tim Schaefer wrote:
>>
>> OK so is it minutes or seconds for runinterval?
>>
>> And what's the correct format!!!!
>>
>> Please put an example in the docs!!!!!
>>
>> Do I use 15m for 15 minutes or is it 900 for 900 seconds?????
>>
>> I hate ambiguity in documentation!!!!!  Be precise!
>>
>  --

Tim Schaefer
iphone 650-839-3277
voip     650-646-9636