Pretty much everything in puppet is secured with SSL certificates. If
someone has root access to one of your client machines, they have that
certificate. They can then retrieve anything that that node is allowed to
retrieve, which is generally specified in auth.conf. By default, I think
this includes their own catalog, their own node definition, all files
served by the master process... a few other things.

It shouldn't be able to get at your manifests directly, as those are
compiled before being sent to the client, nor should it be able to get at
hiera data on the master.