Ygor, My common.yaml is actually empty at the moment.

I think I have discovered the problem...I found that it is using the
hiera.yaml file from my master environment instead of testing but I am not
sure why...

Here is my /etc/puppet/puppet.conf

[main]
    # The Puppet log directory.
    # The default value is '$vardir/log'.
    logdir = /var/log/puppet

    # Where Puppet PID files are kept.
    # The default value is '$vardir/run'.
    rundir = /var/run/puppet

    # Where SSL certificates are kept.
    # The default value is '$confdir/ssl'.
    ssldir = $vardir/ssl
    confdir = /etc/puppet
    environment = 'master'

[master]
    environment = 'master'
    hiera_config = $confdir/environments/$environment/hiera.yaml
    manifest = $confdir/environments/$environment/manifests/site.pp
    modulepath = $confdir/environments/$environment/modules
    fileserverconfig = $confdir/environments/$environment/fileserver.conf
    authconfig = $confdir/environments/$environment/auth.conf
[agent]
    # The file in which puppetd stores a list of the classes
    # associated with the retrieved configuratiion.  Can be loaded in
    # the separate ``puppet`` executable using the ``--loadclasses``
    # option.
    # The default value is '$confdir/classes.txt'.
    classfile = $vardir/classes.txt

    # Where puppetd caches the local configuration.  An
    # extension indicating the cache format is added automatically.
    # The default value is '$confdir/localconfig'.
    localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
    server = puppetmaster
    report = true
    show_diff = true