Which version of stdlib are you running?
I would hazard a guess that the version you have installed isn't the right
one for your puppet version.
Basically 4.x only works on puppet 3.x with no support for earlier versions.
3.x is for puppet 2.7 and 3 with no support for earlier versions
2.x is for puppet 2.6 and 2.7 with no support for puppet 3.

There is a version matrix on the forge page for stdlib.