Hi JJ,

I've seen this happen when class dependencies are placed outside the
specific class' scope, ie:

# default.pp
#
#
Anchor['my_prereq::end'] -> Class['default']
class{ 'default':
  notice 'default'
}

I've only seen this occur with anchors, but it's entirely possible it
happens with other resources too..

I've seen a node which uses class my_prereq, and class default run, and
then another node run with neither of those classes in it's catalog, but
the error about the unsatisfied relationship still displayed…

I've not seen any other instances of this occur, but there may be other
reasons for it to happen.
HTH.