Hello,

I'm looking at upgrading my Puppet masters to 3.2.2.  My entire environment
is currently running puppet 2.7.20, and the masters are all running under
Passenger.

I've started by upgrading one of the masters to 3.2.2, and now I'm finding
that when I run "puppet agent -t" on any client pointed at that server,
nothing happens.....

Even though something should happen because I've deliberately, manually
changed ownership on some files that Puppet is managing!

[sysadmin@sv4-prx-t1 ~]$ sudo puppet agent -t
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Caching catalog for sv4-prx-t1.services.webroot
Info: Applying configuration version '1372989755'
Notice: Finished catalog run in 0.67 seconds

[sysadmin@sv4-prx-t1 ~]$ sudo puppet agent -t
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Caching catalog for sv4-prx-t1.services.webroot
Info: Applying configuration version '1372989777'
Notice: Finished catalog run in 0.65 seconds

[sysadmin@sv4-prx-t1 ~]$ sudo puppet agent -t
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Caching catalog for sv4-prx-t1.services.webroot
Info: Applying configuration version '1372990557'
Notice: Finished catalog run in 0.68 seconds

The only thing I can see "changing" is that the configuration version
number keeps incrementing....
I'm not seeing any errors in /var/log/messages on either client or master,
nor errors in the Apache logs on the master.

What could possibly cause this?

thanks,
Jim