An update on the works.
There's a github organization where discussion and code can be provided in
a more "neutral" way:
https://github.com/stdmod

The contents of the Good docs have been collected and moved to
https://github.com/stdmod/puppet-modules

Here you can see a list of possible naming standards for different cases:
https://github.com/stdmod/puppet-modules/blob/master/Parameters_List.md

Incidentally I'd like to add / include there this suggestion from John (on
another thread) as it makes sense and doesn't forse specific modules
structures:
<< For example, in a class ntp::service, I would certainly choose the
parameter name "ensure" over "service_ensure" >>

Some sample POC modules have been made in order to test and see how these
naming convention actually work:
https://github.com/stdmod/puppet-openssh
https://github.com/stdmod/puppet-elasticsearch

the latter, in particular, even if not complete, I think is a good example
of the reusability and interoperability options that these naming standard
suggest.

al