Jul 14 02:36:51 puppet puppet-master[9566]: could not obtain a database
connection within 5 seconds.  The max pool size is currently 5; consider
increasing it.
Jul 14 02:37:14  puppet-master[9566]: last message repeated 12 times

MySQL is configured for 300 connections. I have 72 hosts managed with
Puppet. I don't think the error message is about the MySQL configuration, I
think theres an undocumented Puppet configuration.