On Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:41:26 PM UTC+3, Forrie wrote:

> I'm having a perplexing problem with Puppet 3.2.2 (agent) on CentOS
> 6.3.    There are two systems, recently built, that exhibit the same
> problem.   I'm using the same, very basic and simple config I have on all
> of my systems (most of which are CentOS 5).  This system has its own ruby
> and puppet installation (gem), which is the only real difference.
>
> Basically, I can't get the master to generate a certificate.   I can
> telnet to the puppet inbound port, no problem.
>
> here's what I see:
>
> [ puppet master log ]
> 10.101.0.10 - - [11/Jul/2013:14:30:50 -0400] "GET /production/certificate/
> de-prod-archive.de-prod.harvard.edu? HTTP/1.1" 404 62 "-" "-"
> 10.101.0.10 - - [11/Jul/2013:14:30:50 -0400] "GET /production/certificate/
> de-prod-archive.de-prod.harvard.edu? HTTP/1.1" 404 62 "-" "-"
>
> [ puppet client log / debug, no-daemonize ]
>
> Debug: Finishing transaction 69955790206320
> Info: Creating a new SSL key for de-prod-archive.de-prod.harvard.edu
> Info: Caching certificate for ca
> Info: Caching certificate_request for de-prod-archive.de-prod.harvard.edu
> Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
> Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
> Debug: Using cached certificate for ca
> Notice: Did not receive certificate
>

> I've Googled around for this error, but I don't see a solution to my issue
> -- I wonder if I'm missing a ruby gem, or if there is generally something
> wrong with running this on CentOS 6 (that would be odd).
>
> I have tried completely removing /var/lib/puppet on the agent and starting
> over, that has no effect.
>
> The puppet.conf I'm using on all my systems:
>

> [main]
>         server = my-server.name.com
>
>         vardir = /var/lib/puppet
>
>         logdir = /var/log/puppet
>
>         rundir = /var/run/puppet
>
>         ssldir = $vardir/ssl
>
> [agent]
>
>         classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
>
>         localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
>
>         syslogfacility = local4
>
>         report = true
>
>         listen = true
>

> Am I missing something?   Granted, the older clients are running 2.7.x, so
> perhaps I've missed something in the upgrade docs and I need to add to the
> *.conf file.   The master server is running Puppet 3.2.2 under Passenger
> 4.0.8, all the other clients are connecting just fine.   Iptables is not a
> factor here, either.
>

> Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue, on CentOS 6.4. Packages:
[root@foreman ~]# rpm -qa |grep puppet
puppet-3.2.2-1.el6.noarch
puppet-server-3.2.2-1.el6.noarch
ruby193-puppet-3.1.1-6.el6.noarch
puppetlabs-release-6-7.noarch

I'm unsure how I debug this on the master side. tcpdump shows SSL
connection between the client and the server taking place, but that's about
it.
Y.