On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:17:50 AM UTC-5, Piotr Jasiulewicz wrote:

> Hi John
>

> there is no SELinux on this system. Issue still is an issue.. :/

Count me a bit dubious of that claim.  It's quite hard to find a Linux
these days that does not at least have SELinux in the kernel.  But maybe
you built a LFS system for yourself, or something.

If Puppet is anywhere in the ballpark with respect to characterizing the
problem, then then it is some kind of failure writing a new file to an
existing directory to which discretionary access controls permit access.  I
already enumerated most of the variations on that theme that I could think
of, but here's an amended summary:

   - blockage by SELinux
   - filesystem mounted read-only
   - remote filesystem, with access blocked at the protocol level
   - (new) virtual machine, with access blocked by the virtualization layer
   - (new) filesystem is full

If none of those seem to apply then you may be able to get a clue as to
what's happening by running the master under strace.

John