You should be able to use 'curl' to access the API, there are some
examples for /v2/nodes in the docs as a start ... and the rest of the
end-points have similar examples:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.3/api/query/v2/nodes.html

Also take a look at the general curl advice page:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.3/api/query/curl.html

If you're having issues getting it working, provide the commands you
are trying in-thread so we can see it in detail. For example, this is
my results:

# curl -G -H "Accept: application/json" 'http://localhost:8080/v2/nodes'
[ {
  "name" : "puppetdb1.vm",
  "deactivated" : null,
  "catalog_timestamp" : "2013-07-22T12:20:07.945Z",
  "facts_timestamp" : "2013-07-22T12:15:46.434Z",
  "report_timestamp" : "2013-07-22T12:15:41.000Z"
} ]

ken.