Nagios is restarted every time a host or service is added, but never when
removing hosts or services.

The client resources:

@@nagios_host { "$::fqdn":
    ensure    => 'present',
    alias     => "$::hostname",
    address   => "$::ipaddress",
    use       => 'linux-server',
}

@@nagios_service { "check_ssh_${::hostname}":
    check_command       => 'check_ssh',
    use                 => 'generic-service',
    host_name           => "$::fqdn",
    service_description => 'SSH',
}

The nagios server resources:

service { 'nagios':
  ensure    => 'running',
  hasstatus => true,
  enable    => true,
}

resources { [ "nagios_host", "nagios_service" ]:
  purge => true,
}

Nagios_host     <<||>> { notify  => Service['nagios'] }
Nagios_service  <<||>> { notify  => Service['nagios'] }

Based on variations I have seen out there I have also tried the following:

- Have the service subscribe to /etc/nagios with checksum=>mtime
- Added  before  => File['/etc/nagios'], to Nagios_host and Nagios_service
- Tried checksum=>mtime on /etc/nagios/nagios_*.cfg resources

When I add a host and then run puppet agent --test on the nagios server I
see this:
notice: /Stage[main]/Nagios::Monitor/Nagios_host[test1.tld]/ensure: created
notice:
/Stage[main]/Nagios::Monitor/Nagios_service[check_ssh_test1]/ensure: created
notice: /Stage[main]/Nagios::Monitor/Service[nagios]: Triggered 'refresh'
from 2 events

When I remove the host from the database via

delete from fact_values where host_id='N';
delete from resources where host_id='N';
delete from hosts where id='N';

The next run of puppet on the nagios server produces:
notice: /Nagios_service[check_ssh_test1]/ensure: removed
notice: /Nagios_host[test1.tld]/ensure: removed

nagios_host.cfg and nagios_service.cfg are properly updated, but the
service will not restart.

This is centos6.3 with epel puppet-2.6.17 (for client and master). Any
ideas?