So uh, as you can see from the subject there's been a little bit of a gap
between the last email and this one.  I got super sick and forgot to put it
together, so you have my apologies if you were paying attention!

Over the last two weeks we've continued to focus on the backlog of PRs as
well as working on a number of things internally related to testing.  I
won't bore you with the details but we've been having conversations around
different testing frameworks, improvements to rspec-system provisioning,
how to automatically test multi-node setups, just all sorts of stuff
related to "how can we help you guys test modules better?".  This is
chewing up a lot of internal time as we start working out what we're doing!

Over the last 2 weeks we've released a bunch of modules and in no special
order they are:

http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/ntp/2.0.0-rc1
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/vswitch/0.1.1
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/rabbitmq/3.0.0-rc2
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/java/1.0.1
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/postgresql/2.4.1
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/nodejs/0.3.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/passenger/0.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/xinetd/1.2.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/apache/0.8.1
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/pe_upgrade/1.0.0

The openstack Puppet modules have also had a bunch of releases:

http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/cinder/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/horizon/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/nova/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/glance/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/keystone/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/openstack/2.1.0
http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/quantum/2.1.1

A quiet two weeks!  I've also been working (slowly) on prototypes for the
new "data in modules" feature that was merged into puppet master.  The
short story for that for people unaware of the feature is "hiera 2.. in
your modules!".  It adds a huge amount of flexibility and clever features
and I'm doing my best to understand how it all hangs together so we can
help put together guides for everyone else.

We have some other projects on the go I don't want to announce yet, but you
can rest assured we are busy trying to make module writing a pleasure for
everyone.

As always you can contact ashp@ and hunner@ on #puppet with any concerns,
questions, wild rants about what jerks we are, and so forth.  Have a good
weekend, readers!